It’s Book Lover’s Day! I’m an avid reader, so today I’m sharing my top nine favorite books of all time. Happy reading! xoxo, Dara
- 1. Fanny Mcfancy by Patricia Thackray
I used to love to read this to my girls (now all grown up). We can all relate to this story about not knowing what to wear to tea, and daring to be yourself!
- 2. The President’s Hat by Antoine Laurain
A French fantasy (and also centered around a garment) – it’s all about the power a hat can wield for an individual when it’s previous owner was the President of France.
- 3. Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
A must for any female leader. Play by your own rules, not theirs.
- 4. House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
A sprawling and epic tale about family and ultimately a reminder that what connects us is stronger than what separates us.
- 5. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Another uplifting story about following your dreams! I love, love, love a triumph.
- 6. The Power by Rhonda Byrne
This gives just the right amount of motivation and inspiration, while still being grounded and un-cheesy.
- 7. The Life of Pi by Yann Martel
This definitely appeals to my sense of fantasy and adventure.
- 8. 7 Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra
Deepak Chopra knows that success is absolutely what you make it, and means different things to different people. It’s your everyday choices that matter, and they matter more than you think.
- 9. Tumble Tower by Anne Tyler
Finally, another favorite for the girls. Here’s to some creativity when it comes to cleaning.